Old & New Churches, Ticknall by Aidan McRae Thomson on Flickr.
Ticknall’s tall-steepled church of St George is impressive and looked ancient from afar, but turned out to be a fairly archaic styled building dating only from 1840, with remains of it’s medieval predessecor in the churchyard nearby (a similar scenario to that at Edvin Loach in Herefordshire). The new church was built after failure to maintain the old building, which was then mostly demolished with gunpowder!
All that now remains of the medieval building is a corner of the lower part of the tower and the east wall with it’s traceried window. The path to the present church now runs through what would have been the nave of the old church.